Role of selected academic institutions:
1.The research Institutions are to support the Ministry in finalizing the research Fellows by being a part of the selection committee.eGovernance Institutions are expected to play an important role as mentors for the research Fellows in the Programme.
2.The selected institution will nominate a mentor among their faculty members to support & guide the research in the right direction in synchrony with the priorities of the Government and worldwide developments.
3. National Partner universities, academic and research institutions are to host the selected Fellow – National for one month and International for two months.
4. To ensure global exposure for the said purposes, the research Institutions are to collaborate with foreign universities on their own as also as those already in partnership with NeGD.
5.The institutions are to help the research Fellow to develop and submit a white paper to the Government at the end of the research period spanning one year.
6. The Institutions are also expected to be part of and support NeGD to steer the Introduction and Final Seminars for the research Fellows. Benefit for Selected Academic Institutions:
7. NeGD will acknowledge the selected Institutions as partners for the Fellowship Programme on the Digital India website.
8. National and International mentor may co-author the white paper with the Fellow with due acknowledgment of the same from NeGD.
9. The collaboration will enable the selected Institutions to be part of the National knowledge-building network for Digital India.
10. The collaboration will enable the partner Institutions to keep abreast of global best practices by partnering with reputed international institutions working in the domain of eGovernance.
Role of IRST-COLLABORATION:
1.Cover basic costs related to the Fellow including the provision of stipend.
2. Provide an honorarium to the mentor / Institution (as outlined in the Guidelines).
3.Organise the Introduction and Final Seminars.
4.Provide all secretarial support for the Programme.
The criteria for the selection of national universities for collaboration with NeGD on the
the fellowship program is as under:
a. Competence in guiding/mentoring research in e-Governance: The faculty or students of the university/institutions should have at least 10 – 12 publications in the area of eGovernance in the last 3 years. These publications should be in international/national peer-reviewed journals listed in various journal ranking lists such as FT-45 (Financial Times 45), ABDC (Australia Business Deans Council), SJR (Scimago Journal List), and ABS(Association of Business Schools), etc.
b. Competency in design, development, and deployment of e-Governance related solutions: Proven experience in having undertaken and implemented projects in eGovernance areas by the universities/institutions.
c. Special set-up of e-Governance chair/unit: Preference will be given to universities /institutions who have laid special emphasis on research in e-Governance by setting up chairs and divisions in e-Governance. This is indicative of the interest in e-Governance research as well as the availability of good mentors to guide fellows in research.
d. Co-collaboration with International academic institutions: Preference will be given to universities / institutions having partnerships with International counter-parts.
Guidelines for Applicants for the Digital India eGovernance Fellowship Programme
The Vision of IRST is to improve the quality and global relevance of engineering education in India. The Mission is to build an ecosystem for transforming Medical and Engineering education in India with the assistance of Government education experts and industry from around the world.
- Indo Global Collaboration for Education & Industrials
- Centre of Excellence-(CoE)
- Incubation Cell-(IC)
- Industrial, Training Institutes, University, Colleges Collaboration.
The IRST Collaboration of Colleges, Universities, Research Institutes, and Organizations in India can apply for Institutional Collaboration. IRST helps for the Academic development has a history of meaningful, collaboration and partnerships that reflect the values of the academic community.
Get Associated For Collaboration
- MOU College Collaboration
- MOU Student Chapter
- Conference Collaboration
- Publication Collaboration
- Student Chapter
- Professional Chapter
A list of eGovernance thematic areas, based on current policy scenario for taking forward research/fellowships is as follows:
1. Digital payments
5. Engagement & social media
6. Information Ethics
7. Digital Culture and Inclusion
8. Digital Healthcare and Education
9. Smart Cities, villages, regions
10. IoT (Internet of Things)
11. Data analytics
12. Digital currency
13. Artificial intelligence
14. Geographic Information System
15. High-speed broadband using RF
16. Indian language computing.