IRST providing only Lifetime Membership only because of person who satisfies the eligibility criteria may become a life member of IRST by paying the admissible Life Membership fee as decided from time to time, by the Executive Council.
The candidate shall be engaged in the discipline of Indian Army/ Navy / Air Force/ Paramilitary Force/ equivalent position of high responsibility with a total post-qualification experience of at least 15 years Scientist currently working/worked in CSIR or other Government research Laboratories/ Institutions with a total post-qualification experience of minimum15 years shall be eligible for Fellow
Eligibility Age: Applicant should attain a minimum of 30 years based on the date of application. Academic Qualification: Any disciplines recognized by the Institution or University shall be accepted for diverse membership classes. Other qualification may be accepted in discussion with the Committee.
Experience: Persons with post-qualification experience of at least 8 years and holding a position of high responsibility. In the case of Self-Employed/ Consultant Engineers / Sub Asst Engineer, Supervisor, etc. minimum requirement of post qualification experience should be 10 years.
Student Membership category of IRST is open to all students of institutions who are pursuing engineering and science courses (full time/part-time course) of which will make them eligible for Corporate Membership. The validity of the membership is limited to one year from the date of enrolment. At the end of the academic year, the institute has to apply for the renewal process to hold membership for eight years.
To create a worldwide integrated scientific platform we support engineering colleges and technical Universities in India financially and academically with our well-connected resource professionals and members to organize International Conferences, Scientific events, R&D Assistance, Faculty Development Program, workshops, and Professional / Student Chapters.
To promotes the study of Engineering, Science, and Technology through research and development activities and grants. To create awareness among the youth particularly from the deprived sections, about focus, strategies, process, and innovations in the field of Engineering, Science and Technology.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
A comprehensive list of products and services available to members of the IRST.
ACCESS UNRIVALED KNOWLEDGE RESOURCES
– To make you technically up to date in your related fields of Engineering.
– Highest editorial standards by a team of specialist editors who are leading experts in their fields.
– Members of community news will also be published in the newsletter itself, which brings together new articles and information from the IRST global community.
– Free Access to IRST Journals spans the entire spectrum of engineering and technology.
– You’ll find the latest research and information of the highest quality in your field.
– You can publish your paper with IRST Journals with a discount of 20%.
– When you subscribe to an IRST journal, saving up to 20 percent on individual titles.
IRST DIGITAL LIBRARY:
– Members can access the abstracts of technical papers from all journals, magazines, conference publications and seminar digests through the IRST Digital Library, free of charge.
– Members can also access the full text of articles (in PDF format) by purchasing an additional subscription and individual papers may be purchased by pay-per-view.
– Highly cited journals such as Electronic Letters are available alongside the entire IRST research journal suite.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, WORKSHOPS & SEMINARS:
– Members enjoy discounted rates of up to 50 percent for bookings at leading international conferences, seminars, and lectures conducted by IRST each year.
– Priority will be given to IRST Members
– Events will be held all over the world, these events cover all aspects of engineering and technology.
– Exchange opinions with other engineering and technology professionals on current issues and matters of common interest.
ADVANCE YOUR CAREER
– Exclusively for members, our online skills development and CV clinic, makes career and personal development easier through skills profiling against acknowledge the competence frameworks.
– The IRST mentoring service can link you to a suitable volunteer mentor, who will support you to achieve your goals and our IRST mentors can gain just as much from supporting others.
– Enhance your career prospects by demonstrating your commitment and professionalism with these peer-assessed and internationally recognised professional engineering qualifications.
– The IRST is licensed by the Engineering Council to assess applicants and award suitable member.
AWARDS & HONORS:
– The IRST rewards engineering aspirations, enterprise and excellence with a range of annual awards.
– These recognise the exceptional achievements of individuals working in the engineering and technology profession, from the well-known scientist to the fledgling engineer.
PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION AWARDS:
– The IRST has teamed up with the City and Guilds of London Institute to offer IRST members direct access to the Professional Recognition Awards scheme.
– Having worked closely with the Engineering Council in mapping their awards against the levels for professional registration City and Guilds are able to admit IRST members to the appropriate award without further assessment.
GET INVOLVED AND RISE YOUR PROFILE
– With over 100 Local Networks around the world, there is a community of IRST members near you which provide professional networking opportunities.
– The level of involvement is up to you from attending an event or giving a talk, to joining the Local Network committee.
– No matter the amount of time you can commit, your Local Network committee would be delighted to hear from you.
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL NETWORKS (TPNs):
– The IRST host over 30 TPNs which enable engineering and technology professionals, academics and students to come together to discuss research and innovation in their sectors.
– You can participate in a number of ways – using the online discussion forums, attending a TPN organized event or by joining a TPN committee.
-IRST members can get involved with a broad range of volunteering opportunities from being a mentor or qualification assessor, to organizing meeting and events or helping author new publications.
-Volunteering will give you great personal satisfaction whilst being an enjoyable and rewarding experience which enhances both your professional and personal development.
SHAPING THE FUTURE
The IRST is a voice for the profession and represents the view of its members on a wide range of professional and technological issues. During the course of a year, the IRST responds to around 30 consultations from Parliament, Government, the European Union and other agencies. The responses submitted include contributions from our members so you really do have the means to offer your opinion and help us shape the future.
-Members of the who are entitled to use designatory letters are provided with a certificate free of charge.
MEMBER AND CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTRE
-If you have any questions about your membership or if there is anything we can assist you with, our dedicated Member and the Customer Service Centre is here to help. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org